Robert Sénéchal was the winner of the initially-at any time British Grand Prix and designed sports activities automobiles in a workshop in Courbevoie from 1921 to 1929 and usually drove them in races.
The 1st Sénéchal auto was run by a 6 HP four-cylinder 750cc Ruby engine, with only two gears and no differential. At the end of 1923, Sénéchal entered into a 5-12 months joint enterprise with Chenard & Walcker, who manufactured Sénéchal cars and trucks at its Gennevilliers works until 1929.
Sénéchal finished his private association with the production side of Chenard & Walcker in 1927, and acquired a garage on Boulevard Péreire in Paris and the “Automobile Stand” showroom on the Champs Elysées. Below he operated as a dealer for Delage. Amongst 1921 and 1929 all over 5,000 Sénéchal vehicles had been developed.